The Lauenburger Raths-Pharmacist’s shop was generously gifted to the Altonaer Museum in 1997. The last owner, pharmacist Margarete Lammers (1915 – 2008) had promised her father-in-law Johann Lammers “to take good care of the pharmacy”. The pharmacy was founded in 1736 by the town council to improve income and to keep a better eye on pharmaceutical activities and was initially leased out. On display, and almost at full-scale, are the Offizin (the sales and workroom) with some of the furnishings going back to the time it was founded.
Wednesdays at 15:00
photo: Sinje Hasheider